Measurement and reporting of performance within Infrastructure is aligned with the Sellafield Ltd Strategic imperatives.
- Operational Excellence and Nuclear Safety
- Asset Management
- Commercial Excellence Meet Production and Financial Commitments
- Workforce Safety and Effectiveness
- Environmental Stewardship
Key to the infrastructure mission is the continuity and effectiveness of services provided to the other programmes on the Sellafield site. To that end managing the risk of interruptions to services and support is an important part of our work.
Examples of investment in risk management activities include:
- Security Enhancements Programme to improve physical, personal and information security
- Upgrading of obsolete transformers and substations to protect the electricity supply to significant facilities
- Enhancing the security of the steam supply to the site in support of nuclear safety
- Replacement of the ageing water pipelines that supply the site
- Reducing the levels of historical waste from sampling and analysis activities
The portfolio also has strong links with national infrastructure through the provision of services to other nuclear sites within the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority’s estate. Such provisions include analytical services and support for the reprocessing of spent fuels from power stations by receiving fuels to Sellafield and the subsequent transportation around the site. The programme of work is essential to the consignment and transportation of wastes to external repositories or treatment facilities, for example low level waste to the Low Level Waste Repository.
Flask maintenance and transport services (road and rail) will continue along with the following essential services to Sellafield Site:
- Facilities management
- Active area support
- Provision of utilities services
- Roads and civil infrastructure
- Safeguards, security and emergency management
Across the full portfolio of work we will aim to provide safe, secure infrastructure service delivery at the lowest cost.