Infrastructure achievement highlights:
- Introduction of the Sellafield Ltd, Cumbria Constabulary and Civil Nuclear Constabulary memorandum of understanding.
- Established a Civil Guard Force (CGF) to regulate access control security requirements on the Sellafield site.
- The removal and completion of two 40 year old transformers from service.
- The successful transition of our IT providers from Computer Science Corporation (CSC) to ATOS
- The successful transition of the Capenhurst site to Urenco subsidiary Capenhurst Nuclear Services (CNS).
With the revised role of the Civil Nuclear Constabulary (CNC), the Civil Guard Force will support regulated access control and security requirements. The model provides flexibility as a platform for wider development as the Sellafield Security Enhancement Project operating demands are clarified.
The introduction of the Sellafield Ltd, Cumbria Constabulary and Civil Nuclear Constabulary memorandum of understanding, which will establish arrangements to increase the security of the Sellafield site through which the 3 parties will work together to achieve a unified approach to, amongst other things, routine policing activity and incident events on and off the Sellafield site.
The successful removal of two 40 year old transformers from service, the GT9 and GT10 has removed the highest risk to the Sites Electrical distribution system nearly a year ahead of schedule.
The successful transition of our IT providers from Computer Science Corporation (CSC) to ATOS, demonstrating estate wide working and coordination across our systems.
The Capenhurst site entered a new phase in its 60-year history with the transition of Sellafield Ltd activities to Capenhurst Nuclear Services (CNS), a URENCO Group Company. This is a major milestone for Capenhurst, the location of the former diffusion plant site.